Thursday, June 30, 2011

Farewell, and thank you, Ian say Goodbye

As you know, tomorrow will be my last day with Equality NC, and I wanted to take a moment to say thanks. The investment you and supporters across this state and beyond have made has been a source of real inspiration for me. You've given your time, your ideas, your money, and your energy because you share a belief that we can build a state of equality right here in North Carolina.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It's been an honor to lead this organization, but I'm cognizant that I'm only the most visible part of an amazing team. The remarkable successes we've had over the last few years belong to you: the dedicated staff, lobbyists, interns, volunteers, donors, and board members who have worked so hard to make them possible.

Although the time has come for me to move on to new challenges, as I pursue a mid-career masters of public administration at the Kennedy School, I will remain a loyal and passionate supporter of this organization.

I may be a poor grad student soon, but I'll continue to make a monthly contribution to Equality NC. For me, this investment in equal rights in my home state in non-negotiable, and it's never one I regret when the credit card bill arrives. (If you'd like to join me as a monthly donor or make a special gift now, click here.)

Our state and our community face tough, tough challenges in the months ahead. With the legislature expected to take up the anti-LGBT constitutional amendment this September, the summer is critical. The odds may be against us, but we can see a path to victory.

Happily, there is no one I'd rather have leading the fight right now than our incoming interim executive director, Alex Miller.

Alex and I worked side by side for three years to win passage of the School Violence Prevention Act. He became a dear friend, and someone I respect as a brilliant strategist. He worked tirelessly to protect all young people from bullying, and I know he'll work just as hard to keep discrimination out of our constitution this year. With Alex and our phenomenal staff leading this campaign, I know that everything possible will be done to hold back the amendment yet again, and Equality NC and our community will emerge stronger than ever.

Again, thank you. I'm so proud of everything we've achieved together and look forward to seeing everything we will achieve going forward.

For Equality,
Ian

Ian departure will leave a Void  at Equality NC, I wish him the very best…

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...