Monday, October 29, 2012

Dennis Morgan demands Ann Coulter to apologize for using the R-word (retarded).. Also Please Sign Petition

Dear-Ann-CoulterAs the father of a special needs son, I can't tell you how angry it makes me when people use the word "retard" in a derogatory manner. One of the worst offenders is Ann Coulter, who this week referred to President Obama as "the retard" on Twitter.

I'm a Republican, and I'm not voting for President Obama, but that doesn't matter. This isn't about Democrats or Republicans, it's about right and wrong. And calling anyone a "retard" or "retarded" is just plain wrong.

When Ann Coulter uses that word, she's telling bullies all over America that it's okay to make fun of special needs people like my son. Even worse, she's insinuating that my son is stupid or less human just because he has a disability.

I started a petition on Change.org demanding that Ann Coulter apologize and stop using this hateful word. Will you sign it?

When my son was born, the doctors said he had a 1% chance of living. He has been in and out of hospitals his whole life, and he has technically died several times. But Caleb is a fighter, and he always pulls through. 

My son has fought to stay alive for twenty years. He deserves better than to be insulted by someone looking to score cheap political points.

I know that Ann Coulter just says things like this to get attention, and part of me doesn't want to give her any more. But the things she said this week were just too much for me. She needs to know that her words hurt parents like me and children like mine. If she wants attention, she needs to find some other way to get it.

Click here to demand that Ann Coulter apologize to the special needs community and stop using the words "retard" and "retarded."

Thank you,

Dennis Morgan
Norlina, North Carolina

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...