Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Perdue has bigger issues than SSM amendment to worry about.- You go Girl..

@ncgovoffice says lawmakers should be focused on hurricane recovery/jobs, not gay marriage amendment: http://ow.ly/6h6FW #ncga #ncpol

At a news conference earlier today (link), Republican Reps. Paul "Skip" Stam and Dale Folwell suggested that their proposed constitutional amendment against gay marriage would pass handily if Gov. Bev Perdue, a Democrat, didn't interfere.

Perdue said Tuesday afternoon she hasn't been working on the issue.

“I haven’t made any calls against that I know of against that... . The point is that for the last five days we’ve focused on nothing but hurricanes and I find it hard to believe you’ve got legislative leaders who are focused on gay marriage when we’ve got people who are totally devastated, lost their homes," Perdue said. "It looks to me like they’d focus on what’s important to North Carolina: hurricane fist and then jobs. That’s what they’re supposed to be doing, not working on social issues that just divide the state.”

Pressed for her position on the issue, Perdue had nothing good to say about it. 

“I have heard discussed in the presence of Speaker Tillis and other that this may be bad for business, I don’t intend to do anything that’s bad for business. But right now, let me be very direct with y’all, I don’t care what they talk about. I’m talking about hurricane recovery and getting these people back together and jobs. And they ought to be talking about the same thing," Perdue said.

Perdue is right recovery after Irene is more important then this stupid bigot amendment..

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...