Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Senator Bob Atwater not seeking re-election

State Sen. Bob Atwater not seeking re-election, was double-bunked w/ Sen. Ellie Kinnaird bit.ly/wJfGwe #ncpol #ncga

bobatwaterSenator Bob Atwater announced today he will not seek re-election in 2012.  He has served in the state senate since 2004.

In a statement, Atwater said:  “I’ve really enjoyed working on behalf of my constituents in Chatham, Durham and Lee counties.  I've given the task my very best effort, and I leave with my head held high.  I tried to conduct myself at all times in a manner which would reflect favorably upon my constituents.  I will forever be grateful for the trust the citizens placed in me.  I wish to express gratitude to my family for the many sacrifices they willingly made to support my public service.  Further, I wish to gratefully recognize the interest, support and trust that Speaker Joe Hackney invested in me over the years.”

This years NC elections will be one for the record books, So many elected officials not re-running, districts maps lines still not settle yet, still in the courts.. NC Governor isn’t re-running for her officer..  Then you have the anti-gay marriage amendment for NC..

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...